Thursday, August 13, 2026

11 Years of Learning Life - Year 1

I was surprised to know that all my blog post from the past still exists after more than 10 years of venturing into the other parts of life and also realising how i grown from a mere naive girl who learn to know people after venturing out of the university life and then into someone who just got out of a traumatic experience in total. 

So, in summary, let us go through on what really happened in the past 11 years.

2014

I graduated with honours for my bachelor in the top university in Malaysia as you known from my previous post. I went through a break and on July 2014, I still remember I was like erratic on not knowing what to do in the free time that I had after graduating and bless my mom, she got me a job as a substitute teacher in one of the schools in the district and that is my first working job as a substitute teacher. I was blessed at that moment to be able to had the experience of teaching while waiting the time to be called for an interview. And then around end of the year, we all got into the SPP interview and I didn’t make it. I would say that was the first setback that I had received in my life. I never expected the journey that I went through to make into the working world is quite hard. So, in order to soothe a healing heart, I applied for a Master programme in the same university. 

After looking back into the years that I been through, I would say 2014 has been nice where my mother has been a good pillar on my career and where I go through in my life for that moment. But the immature and egoistic me on that time felt differently. The relationship I had with my siblings were good but I am still like was not able to be close and open up to them due to my experience in my time at the secondary school. I always felt like my mother and I were a unit and it’s just me and her against the world or it’s just me against the world. At that time as well, I know if I just put an effort and build everything myself, I would suceed.

Oh boy, was I wrong in so many things.

2015 is in the next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment