Thursday, August 13, 2026

11 Years of Learning Life - Year 2

As we moved on to the next year, it’s the beginning where I am starting to be clueless on what I want to do and achieve. Throughout my life since teenager, when I was in secondary school, the path of life has been so clear, study hard, get good grades, get into good university and graduate so you could get good work.

But then what’s next? This has been the starting year where this question has been plagued into my mind until now. 

2015 

At this year, there were multiple live events that has been going on in my life and I realised that I been going through it through instinct that comes directly from my heart. On February, I started my masters programme at University of Malaya for Master of Science Education - mixed mode. I was unemployed, broke and no scholarship at that time. My brother, bless him, he was quite helpful and not that stingy during that time, he sponsored the first semester bill for my programme and i used my life savings for my rent. I took a part time job at a grocery near the 12th RC in order to be able to survive the first four months. It was good, I got good grades, I met new friends and I learn to be more independent as the time goes by when I study for my masters. 

Then the first conflict comes by, I literally have no money to sustain myself for the next semester. Life savings were gone, brother sponsorship is finished and my salary couldn’t support as the new boss is taking in more employee and I start to have less time to be at my current job. So i start to panic and at that time it was a semester break. I was going on interviews for research assistant and also some interviews for private school and international school teacher. At that time, one ad came across and I felt like this is it. If I got this job, I know my problems are sorted. I remembered I prayed, I overthink even my mom was annoyed at that time (I love you mom) and I got in for an interview. I was surprised, a graduate like me who has no experience was being called to one of established private education company. They were no 1 private universities group in Malaysia, the Taylor’s group. Imagine my surprise. 

I went there, I tried my best and I got it. Alhamdulillah I got it and I was very grateful at that time when it happened. So, I start my first job. HR told me, there will be no pay for the first month and i have to make do with what I got. imagine the horror. In the span of 2 weeks I think at that time, I had to find a new place to live, new clothes to wear for work and I remember that time, my cousin wedding is going on. 



This picture is with my best friend when I buy a last minute clothes for work and all the excitement went through the roof!


Looking back I this year, I had such a good year of growth, learning to meet with new people, my boss is good and really helped me and guide, I am blessed to get colleagues who are experienced and guide me and support me throughout the whole time I was on my first few months. I think I remember I did so good that I got my bonus. I would really be thankful to my mom at this time. She loaned me her money for me to be able to survive on the first month I was in Taylor’s and of course, I paid her back. 

On to the next year, my year for the 2016 is where things starts to be good and I learn about love. 

Up to next post for 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment